Blog #2 (Option 1 )

 


Ever since I was a little kid on Christmas Eve my family and I would make homemade pizza. Over the years we have expanded the way in which we make the pizzas and the sides we include with the final dinner. This year I have to say was the best year yet. My boyfriend and I this year oversaw our own pizza and my parents oversaw their own. We started off by letting the pizza dough we bought from trader joes sit out for a bit. After about an hour we add some flour to the dough to get it into the perfect pizza circle. Then we use a little olive oil to put on the crust to make it extra crispy. Adding the pizza sauce also from trader joes is the next step followed by adding all the toppings to make the pizza colorful and appetizing. My boyfriend and I included mushrooms, artichokes, fresh basil, green peppers, mozzarella, green olives, and Italian sausage. Along with the pizza we made a rocket salad. This salad is quite simple, all you need is arugula, parmesan, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. First, we put the arugula into a large bowl and drizzle olive oil and lemon juice onto the greens and mix that all together. Finally, all we had to do was season the salad with salt and pepper and add the parmesan. While this is a simple dinner, getting to think of all the toppings to add to the homemade pizza each year is fun and each year our pizzas turn out differently. I look forward to this tradition each year. 

Here is a picture of the yummy pizza we made! 
























Comments